Project Development Lead
A bit about Field
To reach Net Zero, we need to solve big challenges - like how to store energy, solve grid intermittency, and heat our homes without fossil fuels. And, if we’re going to prevent climate catastrophe, we need to do this now. Field will fund, build and run the renewable infrastructure we need to tackle these challenges.
We’re starting with energy storage, with a portfolio of batteries in the UK. Battery storage is critical to the future success of renewable energy in the UK and beyond. It will allow us to store renewable energy for when it's needed, creating a more reliable, flexible and green grid.
We need to massively accelerate the installation of battery assets. Field will show that batteries are a totally viable part of our energy infrastructure - now, not in some distant future. And, we have ambitious plans to become the leading energy storage player in the UK over the next few years.
Our founder is Amit Gudka, who previously co-founded Bulb, now one of the UK's biggest green energy suppliers.
The Development Lead role is a critical role for scaling Field. In this role, you would be building Field’s pipeline of shovel-ready battery storage projects. You would play a key role in deciding which sites we build, where, and why. Initially this would be focused on the UK, and battery storage, but we will be scaling very fast and we anticipate this leading into more diverse projects, and new geographies.
1/ Build our robust pipeline of shovel ready UK battery storage projects
- Build relationships with developers
- Maintain an extensive pipeline of development projects
- Be the first buyers to evaluate the most attractive new sites
- Ensure we become regarded as a preferred buyer in the space
2/ Effectively prioritise our pipeline
- Develop, iterate and apply the criteria for how we screen sites
3/ Conduct high level site analysis to determine which sites to acquire
- Undertake high level due diligence of prospective sites (land/lease status, planning status, grid status, local constraints, key costs)
- Complete high level site valuations
- Spot opportunities to resolve problems and enhance returns
- Align pipeline with Field’s broader strategy, fundraising timelines, and resources
4/ Submit offers tenders
- Manage and accurately price our bids
- Submit non-binding offers to tenders
5/ Optimise for speed
- Ongoing evaluation of our in-house processes to maintain our scaling speed
- Ensure transition into project development is seamless
6/ Support procurement process (EPC, O&M)
A bit about you:
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy storage industry
- Humble and hands-on team player, necessary in a small company environment
- Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management
- Ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and plan across multiple initiatives
- Great communicator that enjoys both upskilling team members and learning from them
Experience and skills we look for:
- 3+ years in business development or technical roles for electricity projects (aware of the CDM regulations and roles)
- Electrical engineering background preferred
- Exceptional project management skill set
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will actually be building and operating the renewable infrastructure we need to reach net zero. This is not a green CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still an early stage start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a LOT of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: The energy market is in a paradigm shift right now, evolving at a breathtaking pace, and you will play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
- Exceptional, diverse team: We are an eclectic team with varied backgrounds. We have experience scaling billion dollar tech start-ups, building energy companies, as well as deep specialisms in the energy markets. You will learn from and work with a bunch of fun, curious, and entrepreneurial people that really want to make an impact.
Diversity & inclusion:
Diverse teams make better teams. Field is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and company share scheme
- Flexible working (London office in Second Home co-working space near Spitalfields)