A bit about Field
To reach Net Zero, we need to solve big challenges - like how to store energy, solve grid intermittency, and heat our homes without fossil fuels. And, if we’re going to prevent climate catastrophe, we need to do this now. Field will fund, build and run the renewable infrastructure we need to tackle these challenges.
We’re starting with energy storage, with a portfolio of batteries in the UK. Battery storage is critical to the future success of renewable energy in the UK and beyond. It will allow us to store renewable energy for when it's needed, creating a more reliable, flexible and green grid.
We need to massively accelerate the installation of battery assets. Field will show that batteries are a totally viable part of our energy infrastructure - now, not in some distant future. And, we have ambitious plans to become the leading energy storage player in the UK over the next few years.
Our founder is Amit Gudka, who previously co-founded Bulb, now one of the UK's biggest green energy suppliers.
The Management Accountant role is a key role that will ensure the success of Field’s asset financing operations. Initially, the main responsibilities will be preparing monthly management accounts, year end financials as well as managing our day-to-day cashflow and supplier payments.
Below is an overview of the main responsibilities. However, we will grow rapidly and so will your responsibilities, so this is by no means an exhaustive list. There will always be room to grow and learn.
1/ Management accounts
- Responsible for the production of consolidated monthly management accounts
- Responsible for maintaining and updating weekly cash flow forecasts
- Post monthly bank reconciliations and revaluations, reviewing for accuracy and completeness
- Own the Fixed Asset Register and tracking of key battery orders
- Responsible for monthly HMRC filings including PAYE, CIS and VAT compliance
2/ Financial reporting
- Prepare year-end financial statements and support the annual financial audit
- Assist in the production and filing of year-end statutory consolidated group and individual company accounts for the parent company and 2 subsidiaries (and growing quickly!)
3/ Other important things
- Own the procure to pay process and key interactions with suppliers
- Assist in the preparation of supporting accounting schedules for R&D tax credits and capital allowances
- Refine system improvements and process design to incorporate automation and drive efficiencies
- Other ad hoc financial management tasks and support as required
4/ From day one:
- Read up and learn about how our business works - this is crucial for understanding how to track our fixed assets, pay our contractors and make sure we have enough cash to fund our projects
- Get familiarised with NetSuite, our accounting system - posting journals, performing bank reconciliations and monitoring performance
- Take on responsibility for the management of employee expenses through our company credit card provider, Pleo
- Manage payment deadlines, log supplier invoices and set up weekly payments runs
- Learn about our monthly filing obligations for PAYE, VAT and CIS (construction industry scheme)
A bit about you:
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy storage industry
- Drive and self-motivation, a strong eye for detail and good analytical skills
- Humble and hands-on team player, necessary in a small company environment
- Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management
- Ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and plan across multiple initiatives
Experience and skills we look for:
- Part- or newly-qualified accountant
- Strong academic record of achievement
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience working in rapid-growth, fast-changing environments
- Knowledge of NetSuite (highly desirable)
- Experience in the energy or infrastructure industries
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will actually be building and operating the renewable infrastructure we need to reach net zero. This is not a green CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still an early stage start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a LOT of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: The energy market is in a paradigm shift right now, evolving at a breathtaking pace, and you will play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
- Exceptional, diverse team: We are an eclectic team with varied backgrounds. We have experience scaling billion dollar tech start-ups, building energy companies, as well as deep specialisms in the energy markets. You will learn from and work with a bunch of fun, curious, and entrepreneurial people that really want to make an impact.
Diversity & inclusion:
Diverse teams make better teams. Field is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and company share scheme
- Flexible working (London office in Second Home co-working space near Spitalfields)