Construction Project Lead
A bit about Field
To reach Net Zero, we need to solve big challenges - like how to store energy, solve grid intermittency, and heat our homes without fossil fuels. And, if we’re going to prevent climate catastrophe, we need to do this now. Field will fund, build and run the renewable infrastructure we need to tackle these challenges.
We’re starting with energy storage, with a portfolio of batteries in the UK. Battery storage is critical to the future success of renewable energy in the UK and beyond. It will allow us to store renewable energy for when it's needed, creating a more reliable, flexible and green grid.
We need to massively accelerate the installation of battery assets. Field will show that batteries are a totally viable part of our energy infrastructure - now, not in some distant future. And, we have ambitious plans to become the leading energy storage player in the UK over the next few years.
Our founder is Amit Gudka, who previously co-founded Bulb, now one of the UK's biggest green energy suppliers.
The Construction Project Lead role is a critical role for scaling Field. In this role, you would be developing our battery storage projects, from acquisition, through construction to energisation. You would play a key role in deciding both which sites we acquire and how we develop them. Initially this role would be focused on the UK, and battery storage, but we will be scaling very fast and we anticipate this leading into more diverse projects, and new geographies.
1/ General end-to-end project management of sites
- Lead end-to-end site development from acquisition through to energisation
- Execute site development to schedule
- Manage and coordinate with key 3rd parties through the process (developers, Legal, EPC, Optimisers, …)
- Document all key files
2/ Coordinate acquisition process including, but not limited to:
- Technical due diligence
- Legal due diligence
- Insurance due diligence
- Internal red flag identification
- Final acquisition decision, and actions
3/ Manage construction, and technical delivery of projects
- Manage construction phase through to commissioning (live trading)
- Manage the risk register for all projects
- Manage site specific optimisation agreement
- Manage due diligence/providing key site specific information for lenders
4/ Project design
- Futureproof our sites, ensuring they are all easily upgradable, and giving us as much flexibility as possible to keep our asset strategy agile to new market opportunities
5/ Process optimisation
- Work with the team to optimise and organise the end-to-end site development process, to ensure we scale as rapidly and efficiently as possible
- We need to go 10x faster than the competition, your role is to work out how we make that a reality
6/ New technologies, and new markets
- In due course, development work for new, innovative storage projects, and also support the site development processes for new international markets
A bit about you:
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy storage industry
- Humble and hands-on team player, necessary in a small company environment
- Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management
- Ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and plan across multiple initiatives
- Great communicator that enjoys both upskilling team members and learning from them
Experience and skills we look for:
- 3+ years in business development or technical roles for electricity projects (aware of the CDM regulations and roles)
- Electrical engineering background preferred
- Experience with process optimisation (Kaizen, …)
- Exceptional project management skill set
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will actually be building and operating the renewable infrastructure we need to reach net zero. This is not a green CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still an early stage start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a LOT of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: The energy market is in a paradigm shift right now, evolving at a breathtaking pace, and you will play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
- Exceptional, diverse team: We are an eclectic team with varied backgrounds. We have experience scaling billion dollar tech start-ups, building energy companies, as well as deep specialisms in the energy markets. You will learn from and work with a bunch of fun, curious, and entrepreneurial people that really want to make an impact.
Diversity & inclusion:
Diverse teams make better teams. Field is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy/maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and company share scheme
- Flexible working (London office in Second Home co-working space near Spitalfields)